Saturday, August 23, 2008

Being Grateful Leads to Becoming Great

Every evening before I go to sleep I tell myself how grateful I am for all the things I have, the people I know, my friendships, family, and much more.

Last night I mixed it up a bit.

Rather than just being grateful for the things I have, I was also grateful for the things I want to have, as if I already had them. Something interesting happened.

I dreamed the entire evening about a new client. I'm working on several major accounts right now, but currently I can only take on one additional client. I was thankful for the wisdom of knowing what client I should take, and thankful that I already had this client.

The thing is, I don't currently have this client, in fact, it seems that out of the many I'm currently working on, that this client would be the least likely to happen.

I dreamed of the meeting in which they will sign a contract, the way the contract should be worded and appear, the things that I will need to say... all of it.

Last evening my mind was in a different place than most nights. Rather than sitting up all night wondering and worried about which client to take and how to get them, my mind was almost recounting the events that haven't yet taken place.

Try this: try being thankful for not only what you have, but also what you want. Be grateful for the wisdom you have that allows you to make great decisions, be grateful for the relationships you have (as if they were already your friends), your income (as if you were already making that much), your house, your friends, and so on.

Do this as soon as you wake up in the morning, and while lying in bed in the evening. Act as if you already are, and remember being grateful leads to becoming great.

No comments: